The External Science Advisory Panel (ESAP) helps shape the LRI programme’s strategic direction by providing an analytical outside view of its activities and ensuring it serves both industry and public needs. The specialists on the panel also contribute to the scientific value and relevance of individual projects by providing expert advice and guidance on the research.
ESAP is made up of independent scientists from across Europe. It aims to ensure the impartiality and transparency of the LRI research by providing advice on the direction and scope of the LRI to ensure that the stated objectives of the programme are met.
(Click on a member’s name for a short biography):
- Chair: Prof. Ian Kimber, University of Manchester (UK)
- Dr. Emilio Benfenati, Mario Negri Institute (Italy)
- Prof. Jacob de Boer, VU University of Amsterdam (The Netherlands)
- Prof. Tom Burns, Uppsala University (Sweden)
- Prof. Lynn Frewer, Newcastle University (UK)
- Prof. Ellen Fritsche, RWTH Aachen & IUF Düsseldorf (Germany)
- Prof. Corrado Ludovico Galli, University of Milan (Italy)
- Prof. Philippe Hubert, Chronic Risk Division, INERIS (France)
- Prof. Erik Lebret, Utrecht University (The Netherlands)
- Prof. Dr. Greet Schoeters, University of Antwerp (Belgium)
- Prof. Michael Siegrist, ETH Zurich (Switzerland)
- Prof. Paule Vasseur, CNRS – Metz University (France)