Registration is now open for the 22nd Annual Cefic-LRI Workshop, which will take place on 08-09 November 2021. This year, you can choose whether to join us face-to-face at Le Plaza Hotel, in Brussels, or connect with us online.
The workshop will showcase the latest advances made through industry-funded research in human health, exposure (regulatory) and environmental risk assessment of chemicals. The first day of the event will also feature a keynote speech on ‘The future of chemical safety assessment 2030-2050’ (tentative).
Poster Session and Cefic-LRI research projects:
On November 8th, the workshop will feature presentations and posters on the most recent Cefic-LRI research projects, covering key topics under:
- Human health risk assessment: Finishing LRI projects with impact on developmental ontology prediction, repeated dose toxicity, quantitative AOP for thyroid modulation, and toxicogenomics bioinformatics.
- (Regulatory) Exposure Assessment: Concluding LRI projects with impact on risk management measure libraries, consumer dust exposures, and worker exposure data extrapolation.
On November 9th, participants can follow sessions on:
- Environmental risk assessment: Finishing LRI projects with impact on UVCB toxicity testing, bioaccumulation assessment tools, improved aquatic testing, fate and transportation of microplastics in aquatic systems and the use of ecosystem services.
- Cefic-LRI microplastics research and newly started projects: The development of a multimedia open-source model, the assessment of the long-range transport potential, additive release and risks related to bioaccessibility of micro- and nano-plastics in the environment, microplastic fragmentation.
- An interactive debate on the future of chemical safety assessment 2030-2050.
The Cefic-LRI workshop is a must-attend event for the scientific community and a networking opportunity for policymakers and all stakeholder who would like to learn more Cefic-LRI programme and the outcomes of research projects on assessing the long-term impacts of chemicals.
The draft programme is available here.
Registration to the Cefic-LRI Workshop is free.
For enquiries related to the workshop, please contact Dr. Bruno Hubesch, LRI Programme Consultant at email@example.com, or Dr. Yuri Bruinen de Bruin, LRI Programme Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the participants attending in person:
The two-day conference is planned as an in-person event in Hotel Le Plaza Brussels. The venue is set up to be COVID-19-compliant according to current Belgium legislation. The rules currently stipulate that it is mandatory that you are either fully vaccinated, recently tested negative or that you have proof of recovery from COVID-19.
If, however, due to unforeseen changes in the COVID-19 pandemic or changes in Belgium legislation, we are forced to move the event fully online, then we will place a notification on the website, and will inform the persons that have already registered for the event.