This project aims to generate a fully-curated, quality-controlled and publically-available database on genotoxic and non-genotoxic carcinogens. The novel database will form the basis of analysis of TTC distributions for cancer thresholds.
The specific objectives of the research, in the context of the Work Packages (WPs) described, are to:
- Construct a curated, freely available Cancer Potency TTC dataset within a centralised web-based TTC database, extending the current data compilations and including mechanistically relevant information (relates to Work Package 1 and 4 (WP1/WP4).).
- Evaluate mode of action of carcinogens to identify genotoxic and non-genotoxic carcinogens utilising a weight of evidence framework based upon existing data and, where required, SARs for DNA-reactivity (relates to WP2).
- Quantitative analysis of the database applying the current TD50 approach to analyse the potency distributions and thresholds for both genotoxic and non-genotoxic mode of action, and further compare the TD50 and BMDL as the Point of Departure methods for a subset of qualified data (relates to WP3).
- Integrate current knowledge and input international expertise to develop the database, perform MOA analysis and establish PODs through via ILSI-EU meetings (relates to WPs 1-4).
- Manage the project and disseminate the database and major results (relates to WP5).