The International Council of Chemical Associations (ICCA) is organizing a kickoff meeting for the Microplastics Advanced Research and Innovation Initiative (MARII), which will take place on 15-16 February 2021. This virtual presentation will allow participants to learn more about industry’s global research framework and ongoing work on microplastics coordinated by ICCA, and on future dialogue through MARII.
Through MARII, industry experts and stakeholders will collaborate with research institutions worldwide to:
- Serve as an exchange forum delivering accurate and timely data and information into ongoing microplastics research, and emerging methods and technologies.
- Demonstrate a proactive commitment by industry and stakeholders on the state of microplastics science through regular engagement with international partners across academia and business; and
- Convene regular meetings with global experts to examine and evaluate current research programs and initiatives assessing microplastics impact on humans and the environment.
This webinar is designed for stakeholders to learn about this new effort, which is charged with creating a global forum for the chemical industry and renowned research institutions to exchange information concerning microplastics research.
Webinar times, registration links, and presenters are listed below:
Schedule and Registration:
Tuesday, February 15, 2022
U.S. – 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. (EST)
EUROPE – 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. (CET)
ASIA – 10:00 p.m. – 11:59 p.m. (JST)
CLICK TO REGISTER FOR FEBRUARY 15
Wednesday, February 16, 2022
ASIA – 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. (JST)
EUROPE – 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. (CET)
U.S. – 3:00 a.m. – 5:00 am. (EST)
CLICK TO REGISTER FOR FEBRUARY 16
- Filipe Almeida, Product Stewardship Manager at Cefic (Feb. 16)
- Rick Becker, Senior Toxicologist at American Chemistry Council (Feb. 15)
- Camilla Carteny, Technical Project Manager at Plastics Europe
- John Norman, Senior Toxicologist at American Chemistry Council
- Blanca Serrano, Director at Cefic
- Tokuo Sukata, General Manager of Chemicals Management Department at Japan Chemical Industry Association
** Registration is required to participate.