The SETAC Europe 18th Annual Meeting will be held from 25-29 May 2008 at the Palace of Culture and Science congress centre in Warsaw, Poland.
The programme will be composed of platform and poster presentations in parallel sessions in a range of disciplines.
The topic of the meeting is World under stress: scientific and applied issues in environmental toxicology and chemistry.
As usually, both purely scientific and applied problems will be discussed, and particular stress will be put on bringing scientists and practitioners together.
The following main themes will be addressed:
- Environmental chemistry
- Environmental risk assessment
- Interactions between natural and anthropogenic stressors
- Life Cycle Assessment
- Political and socio-economic aspects of environmental issues
- Proteomics and genomics
- Special sessions:
– Carbon Footprinting
– Environmental contamination and human health
– Environmental risk assessment in Central and Eastern Europe
– Evolutionary processes in contaminated environment
– Impacts of climate change